Monday, January 14, 2008

Keep on Walkin...

Last week was a good week in preggers-land. I started school, started walking and am starting to have a real, live baby-bum! While this means my clothes REALLY dont fit...im enjoying looking pregnant as opposed to looking thick-waisted.

In an effort to try and figure out how I can work full-time, do school part-time and workout, i found a solution...workout during lunch. I get an hour lunch break which gives me plenty of time to take a good 30 minute walk around downtown, over the Main Street bridge and get back in time to eat some lunch. I managed to walk 3 days last week (got the idea on Tuesday) and so this week I plan to walk some more. Im going to add some light strength training this week and plan to do my Yoga on the weekends (the DVD is loooonnngg...). I felt alot better getting moving and now that I have the energy, im doing as much as a I can.

After putting it off for a month, I finally got in to do my bloodwork. They took ALOT of my blood but I was good and didnt pass out.

I had a quickie appointment today. Basically, pee in cup, check blood pressure, listen to heartbeat (which was SO COOL). Next month is the big comprehensive sonogram and we will know whether we have a boy or girl! I will be keeping everyone posted!

No comments: