Monday, October 17, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

So I promised that I would bake up something yummy this weekend and I only got around to making a couple loaves of Chocolate Zucchini Bread. My experiment for today will hopefully be whipping up some apple chips :)

A great way to monitor what's going in your children's food, is to just make it from scratch. You can use organic ingredients, modify recipes to make them vegan or gluten free, there are no limits. 

I love baking and wish I could do it more often. This recipe has very simple ingredients and it doesn't have a stick of butter in it either ;) The zucchini makes it moist and delicious!

My husband totally looked at me cross-eyed when I told him what I was making...but he absolutely devoured it! The kids are huge fans too.

I have no idea what happens to the zucchini in this crazy delicious, moist, chocolate-y bread. But it's in there :)


This is a really moist and dense bread so it works awesome with cookie cutters. Lenny loves these in his lunchbox.


And a little side note...if you bake a lot, you should have this stuff in your arsenal.
I haven't used a cupcake liner in a few years now, all I use is this stuff and everything pops out so nicely :)


Get the recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread here

2 comments:

Jeremiah Russell said...

as much as I hate to admit that I enjoyed bread made with friggin zucchini...she's right. This stuff is FAN-FRIGGIN-TABULOUS! :)

Unknown said...

Definitely going to have to try this.