Friday, October 21, 2011

Oh The "To-Do" List

I've always loved making lists.

I apparently love losing them too...
I'm notorious for making 3 mile long to-do lists and then conveniently losing them. 

Lately, I've been living by my to-do list.  

Does anyone look back longingly on the days when you could just speed through the housecleaning as soon as the kids went down for naps and then spend a couple hours vegging and watching your DVR'd episodes of The Real Housewives?

Things have definitely been picking up with my little Etsy store :) and while it's been awesome, it's been interesting making "life" work.


And I can really be a space cadet.


Like the constantly updating activities of all my friends on Facebook on the right side of the screen.  That totally distracts me and my 2 minute "check" on Facebook turns into half an hour of wandering aimlessly.


So I've actually been using my to-do list and keeping it at my side at all times.

And I am learning:
1) Make TIME LIMITS
2) Do not pull up Facebook, Pinterest, or anything remotely interesting during "work" time.
3) Don't forget to stop and relish something wonderful with the kids in the middle of sewing craziness.


Which is so essential for weeks when your washing machine decides to DIE.
 Thus, Bela's first trip to the laundromat. Fortunately, this happened to be a morning Lenny was at school. Otherwise chaos would have ensued.
This little lady is my buddy on Monday and Thursday mornings while big bro is at school.


She is a handful.


Life is crazy. But it's also sweet and wonderful.


Take the time to taste the sweet parts too :)

No comments: