Wednesday, October 13, 2010

First Sewing Projects


My sewing machine came in a day earlier than expected so I was really excited to get started. It was really easy to get the bobbin going and threading is a breeze so this is a really great machine for beginner peeps like me! I got started on a pillowcase dress...that isn't quite finished and is really not turning out well....so we'll see about that!

I did do Prudent Baby's Quick and Pretty Makeup bag. Mine didnt turn out as big because I had a smaller zipper and I cut one side a little short, but it actually turned out pretty cute. I used some fabric I got for cheap at Hobby Lobby and I think Im confident enough to try it with some of my more pricey fabric. Here's the link to make your own! http://www.prudentbaby.com/2010/03/quick-pretty-makeup-bag.html


I also made some cloth wipes. I cloth diaper and using cloth wipes is so much easier since I can throw it all in my diaper pail. This way no sposie wipes end up in the wash. I have a bunch that I bought but I found some cute monkey flannel and made these super soft wipes. They also work really nice for after-breakfast cleanups with a little hiney-wash:)
And just because she is so cute...Isabela wearing her new jeans :) Babies are so cute in jeans when they can walk :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

she is so cute!
Yay for the sewing machine! You are going to have so much fun!