Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Finally! Something for Lenny!

It isn't easy to find fun sewing projects for boys other than applique projects, but boys or girls can have fun with this little drawstring bag that I found on Prudent Baby. And a side note on my fave site, make sure to check out her blog daily as she is posting her findings from the latest quilting and fabric shows which means LOTS of amazing fabric some of which is already available on Fabricworm.

Ok back to the backpack. It turned out adorable, I wanted it to be a bit more boyish so I made the straps out of the fabric by simply sewing 2 one yard, 1 1/2 inch strips with right sides facing and then turning right side out. The straps are a little long so he likes it tied on, I think it makes him feel like a super hero :) Fabric is Alexander Henry Teeny Tiny Zoo in brown. These would make a fun and easy christmas gift for any little relative you have, maybe stuff with a couple books :)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. It is hard to find cute boy stuff. But this is really cute! I may need to give this a try. I like the idea of putting books inside too.

Weaveron Textile said...

I like your idea and post.. Nice one.