Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What's for Dinner Wednesday? HOLIDAY style

I am not going to do a detailed recipe today, just sort of re-cap on some things as the year comes to a close.

It's my stepdaughter's year to do Christmas with her mom so we are having Christmas Eve dinner early since she leaves tomorrow morning.

My stepdaughter doesn't like turkey (yeah, I know...haha) so we are having ham since everyone likes it. Gotta love pre-cooked hams! So with some mashed potatoes, green beans and carrots, it will be super easy and stress-free! I think we are all a bit overdone with sweets...so I'm a little uncertain on dessert.

Something I might make for me :)

As the only person who eats artichokes in my house...

I have a cute little vintage dish for these...as much as I DON'T want to go to the grocery store...this sounds sooo good! If you haven't checked out Gina's Skinny Recipes go now! All of her recipes have points values if you are on Weight Watchers and are just good!

On a SERIOUSLY HAPPY NOTE!

My hubby gave me my Christmas present early....

A plane ticket to KCMO to visit my family and attend the Onething conference!
If you are not familiar with the International House of Prayer in Kansas City, MO you need to check them out. Here is a wonderful article that was recently in Charisma magazine about IHOP.

I am totally thrilled, but I am a little sad to leave me babies for so long! They are expecting about 25,000 people (yes THOUSAND) at the conference this year and I am STOKED to go!

I am praying that some of the fabulous fabric stores up there are open if I have a little spending money :)

So anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a happy New year! I am off to find some fun chilly weather things to make for my trip!

2 comments:

Gary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca said...

Awesome about your trip!!! That's going to be so much fun!!!