Tuesday, January 25, 2011

15 Minute De-Clutter Challenge

If you are following the Flylady housekeeping method, then you know we are in Zone 4, the Master Bedroom and Bathroom.  I did my bathroom already cause I already have one, so lots of time to focus in my room.

So anyone know how it gets so darn dusty underneath the bed and furniture?  Yuck!  Definitely not doing before and after photos on that!  No major decluttering going on in our room since I have been doing a bunch here and there.  We have a lot of things in a holding pattern (books, dvd cases, etc) trying to figure out what to do with them.

I did do quite a bit of straightening in the rest of my house. I FINALLY took down my Christmas decor on my mantle.

My two bookshelves in the dining room were getting pretty crazy looking.  Between me and Jeremiah we have so many books, textbooks especially.

 Before photos

After photos
It is still a lot of books, but it looks more orderly and less like we just threw the books at the bookshelf.

All the purging and decluttering has really been helping.  I am already seeing that it is a bit easier to get the house looking nice.

Now some fun stuff :)


Now that we can actually open the back door (being that it is no longer blocked my empty Christmas boxes waiting to be filled...) me and the kids went in the backyard and raked leaves.  Wow it's been a while since I have been back there.  I am so looking forward to planting our garden once it starts warming up!

Hope everyone is having a happy Tuesday!

No comments: