Monday, January 31, 2011

Gettin' Crafty

A friend of mine is having me make some custom hair bows for her daughter and she sent me the outfit she wanted one of them to match.  When I was looking at it I was totally thinking in my head, I can totally make that...anyways, today I finally had some time to get started on a pattern and make a sample. 

Learning from past mistakes...(don't go out and buy nice designer fabric for something you have never done before) I hit a good fabric sale at Joann.  Valentine's fabric was on sale so I figured, hey, it can be Isabela's valentine outfit!  I also came across some coordinating fabric in the remnant bin that matched the fabric very nicely. 
 Ok, so yeah she looks a little insane in this photo...



You will have to excuse my cruddy camera skills :)

I just have maybe one or two tweeks for the pattern, and I am considering adding items like this to my Etsy store?  Whatcha think?  I think it's pretty darn cute :)

Off to clean my house...why is crafting so messy!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh So cute!!!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I think in that first picture that she's having a lot of fun in it! :-)