Monday, February 28, 2011

What's for Dinner Tuesday :)

This week is going to be slightly chaotic.  My mom and dad are flying down Thursday because my dad is helping the hubs with our bathroom remodel.  Because of this we will be spending a few days at a hotel.  I still wanted to share my recipe and I just know I am not going to have any blogging time after today.  So here we go!


This week's recipe is Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas.  It is actually a Weight Watchers recipe, but you can make it full fat too (haha).  In keeping with yesterday's theme on saving...the Velveeta was on sale and I had a coupon, the rice was BOGO as well, but I actually don't recommend the rice.  It was terrible.  Glad it was on sale.

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Cooking spray
8 oz Velveeta Light Reduced Fat Cheese
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup of scallions
Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
3 cups cooked chicken breasts
6 medium whole wheat tortillas
1/4 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
6 medium olives
1/4 cup salsa

I usually omit the red pepper flakes and olives due to family preferences.  I had a huge red bell pepper that was probably going to get yucky soon so I made cut some strips to add to it, ended up being a really good idea.  Don't be afraid to be creative or omit something :)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Chop up your chicken and cook in some EVOO.  I like to sprinkle some seasoning salt on it just to add a bit of flavor.  My kids aren't huge fans of sauce on their chicken, so I set aside a small amount for them. 

Put your Velveeta and soour cream in a pan and melt over med-high heat, stirring frequently until nice and creamy.
 

Pour half of the cheese sauce in another bowl and add the evaporated milk to it.  Stir well and set aside.


Add the chicken, scallions and red pepper flakes (if you are using them) to the remaining cheese mixture and stir to coat chicken.


 Place about 2/3 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of the tortilla (I added my red pepper strips too) and fold in both sides to the center.  Spray your dish with the cooking spray and lay in a single layer.  Top with the cheese sauce you set aside and sprinkle with the cheese and olives.  Bake until cheese is yummy and bubbly :)



 Right out of these oven :) Yummo!


I served this with some steamed broccoli and the crappy rice.  The rice went in the trash...

If you make this the fat-free way it is 6 WW points per serving (I enchilada).  I don't know what the Points Plus value would be.  If you have this the full fat way...just make sure you eat the broccoli ;-)

Enjoy!

No comments: