Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What's for Dinner Wednesday?

I have been working to lose these last 13 lbs (Go AWAY already!), so I have been tracking my food and counting points, Weight Watchers style.  Why?  Cause it works.  Can't lose weight and keep it off unless you completely change the way you eat forever.  I love that Weight Watchers TEACHES you how to eat well for life.

Anyways, enough preaching about weight-loss...
Tonight I am making a real family fave, Weight Watchers Pan Seared Chicken with Garlic Sauce served up with some rice pilaf (yep, more rice pilaf) and asparagus.  This stuff is like chicken kicked up times a thousand.  Super simple and REALLY good.

Now I'm cooking this at 2:30 so I can go to the gym later and so I can snag a piece for my salad I'm about to eat :) I'm not doing pics for the asparagus, but I will tell you what I do for asparagus.


Ingredients
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 lb. uncooked chicken breasts
1 tsp olive oil
12 medium garlic cloves, halved
1 cup FF, reduced-sodium chicken broth
A large OVEN-PROOF skillet

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Go ahead and start whatever rice dish you are going to make.  This chicken dish goes kinda fast.

Combine first five ingredients in a small bowl.  Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with herb mixture. (TIP - sprinkle chicken with herbs on one side, transfer to hot skillet with seasoned side down and season the other side once in the pan).
Heat oil in a large skillet. Sear for two minutes on each side.  Grab your halved garlic cloves, yep its a LOT of garlic :)

 Sprinkle the garlic around the chicken and then put 3/4 cup of the chicken broth in the pan.

 Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is done.
 This is the yumminess :) WARNING - the pan will be REALLY hot so keep a potholder on the handle at ALL TIMES!
Transfer the chicken to a plate and add the remaining 1/4 cup of chicken broth and mash the garlic with a fork.  Use this sauce to pour over the chicken, rice or everything on your plate :)

Now for the asparagus.  If you don't know what to do with it just chop the woody ends off and lay on a cookie sheet.  Drizzle with some EVOO and sprinkle with salt.  Pop in the oven at 400 (a good time would be after you have pulled out the chicken while you are prepping the sauce).  Cook for just a few minutes, until the asparagus is a little floppy.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I {Heart} garlic!!! :-) Looks yummy