Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What's for Dinner Wednesday?

I have been SADLY absent from the blogosphere :-(  Between sick babies and just overall craziness, I haven't had a lot of time to do much of anything.  The next few days are going to be a major blogging BLITZ so keep your eye out.

So here we go for another WFDW :)  Today's dinner features a fave savings blog of mine, I Heart Publix.  It is my go-to site for all things Publix and you should too!  For the Italian Days Sale at Publix she is giving away a $25 gift card daily until the 23rd I believe.  I will talk more about saving money and couponing later in the week.

This is a new recipe for me too, so I will follow-up tomorrow with the results.  Almost all of the ingredients were on sale this week, making for a great cheap meal!  

The link for the recipe is here.  I knew I probably wouldn't be able to make the turkey meatballs by hand as tonight is my hubby's teaching night, so I got some frozen turkey balls.  I definitely want to try at a later date to make them ahead of time, I imagine they would freeze well so you can use them whenever.
 Almost everything on sale! Yay!

 Saute up your onion and bell pepper (I added some garlic too) in some EVOO.  Saute until soft.

 Add in the rest of the ingredients, except the meatballs.  Get everything simmering all nice and happy.

Now we're simmering!  

I'm letting this hang out on low for a few hours.  I will add the meatballs about half an hour before dinner time.  If you are making the meatballs by hand, get started on them after you throw the chili together.

It's already smelling good over here so I am excited for some chili tonight!  Will post a review tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day and make something yummy tonight!

No comments: