Monday, August 8, 2011

Banana Blueberry Muffins and a Tasty Blog

Just popping on here quickly to share a fun little muffin recipe that I found in my 100 Healthy Lunchbox Recipes cookbook. I LOVE muffins because they are simple to make and you can make a bunch and freeze for later.

Before I give you the recipe, I wanted to share a friend's new blog Veggielicious Mom. She will be sharing lots of wonderful vegetarian and vegan recipes on it. I am not vegetarian but I do eat quite a bit of vegetarian food during the week (the hubs HAS to have the meat so it's mostly my lunches and breakfasts). Omitting meat from your diet a few days here and there can help cleanse your system, so give some of her recipes a try. Since we are talking muffins, she has a yummy banana muffin recipe that I'm trying today :)

Ok so for Banana Blueberry muffins...
2 cups all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup fine sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs
2/3 cup butter, melted
2 bananas, mashed
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen, just thaw the frozen ones)

Preheat to 400.

Sift flour, salt, and baking powder into a bowl, stir in sugar and mix. Make a well in center.

Put milk, eggs, and butter in a pitcher and whisk until combined. add to the bowl with the bananas, stir to combine, then gently fold in blueberries. Spoon into pan.

Bake 20 minutes (maybe less) until risen. Easy way to check if done. Press the muffin a bit and if it "bounces" back, it's done :)


No comments: