Monday, August 15, 2011

Toddler Halter Dress


I have no idea why I keep making my daughter dresses. It's a lovely addiction...
 
I saw a little girl at the library wearing a similar dress recently, except it had a double ruffle and the top was kind of like a pillowcase dress.

I once again snagged some cheapy Walmart fabric and got to work. Sorry, this is just a "look-at-my-pretty-handiwork" post and not a tutorial. I did not keep track of measurements very much and am still making some adjustments.


I will say that I found the MOST GENIUS tutorial on making your own bias tape. It's life changing! Check it out at Creative Little Daisy 


I used that tutorial to make the bias tape for the top. I am really happy with the results and can't wait to make some more!


Not totally original, but I did make my own pattern for the bodice :)


Maybe I will make another one and do a tute, It's a simple, but kind of time consuming dress to make because of all the ruffles. The next one will hopefully have a double ruffle if I can get a gathering foot ;)




Snapped this while we were walking back to the house, cannot believe how cute this turned out :)

Hope you like!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

adorable dress, and I LOVE the last photo!! LOVE it!