Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Value of a View

I don't have a beach front or riverfront house.

But that doesn't keep my from really enjoying being in my craft room, with all it's totally wonky windows, and enjoying the view I do have.


 I think there is a lot to be said on meditating on good things.

The bible says in Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things [are] noble, whatever things [are] just, whatever things [are] pure, whatever things [are] lovely, whatever things [are] of good report, if [there is] any virtue and if [there is] anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. 

I think we find ourselves meditating on a lot of junk sometimes.

These things can be anger towards others, books, music, gossip, etc.

Life isn't always peachy, that's for sure.  But, if you find yourself feeling really down, recall what you are meditating on.

I find it so easy to focus on all the bad and then wonder why I feel so crappy inside (sound familiar).

Decide to meditate on the lovely (even if it's your own backyard).


Have a wonderful day :)

No comments: